Oral and maxillofacial reconstructive surgery
The Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery (Also termed as OMFS), deals and handle a wide variety of conditions and injuries that affect the head, neck, mouth, jaw, and face.
Following conditions related to the head and neck area are treated:
- Malalligned jaws
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Oral & Facial Reconstructive Surgery
- Oral Cancers
- Dental implants
- Facial Trauma (including both the jaws)
- TMJ Disorders
- Orthognathic Surgeries ( Facial Profile/ Deformities Correction)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgeries
Types of procedures performed are:
- Comprehensive care of complex facio-maxillary traumas including Orbital fractures, Upper jaw & Lower jaw fractures, Pathologies of the Jaw and Face viz. Cysts & Tumors of mandible (Lower jaw), maxilla (Upper jaw) and facial region.
- Jaw Deformities viz. Facial asymmetry, small or large chin/nose, Temporomandibular joint problems, Reconstruction of facial region & jaws by flaps etc.